Home for all Nintendo fans

Mario most iconic game icon

ObeyGamer

Experience : 1634

Mario most iconic game icon

Post by ObeyGamer on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Is Mario more iconic then any other game icon?
GameCube
Member Lvl 2
Member Lvl 2

Experience : 1559

Re: Mario most iconic game icon

Post by GameCube on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:59 pm

Pretty much when people think about Nintendo they think Mario he's just as iconic as Mickey mouse actually.
ADMRL
Founder
Founder

NNID: : Tickletot
GamerTag: : Tickletot
Experience : 2281

Post by ADMRL on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:43 pm

Yes, I believe so, Mario has been around a very long time and is even rumored to be more iconic then the big mickey mouse. Smile

★NNID: TickletTot
 3DS: Ask
  GT:TickleTot
Lightning
Regular Lvl 3
Regular Lvl 3

Experience : 1375

Post by Lightning on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:04 pm

One of the most iconic? Yes. Greatest? Doubtful. Mario is one of the most iconic video game characters of all time. He is to video games as Mickey Mouse or Bug Bunny is to cartoons. There will be some debate as to who is the greatest video game character of all time is (my vote goes to Link of the Legend of Zelda franchise... But does that matter? No, it's subjective). Many would say Mario, of course, but he is just a plumber who has mishap after mishap involving a mutant turtle dragon named Browser and a princess who never seems to be in the castle you're in. You can say there is no backstory, but there is. Is he the most interesting? I doubt it. Since the game is basically the same thing over and over again just tossing in Yoshi along with some new characters here and there. In the end the Mario franchise is no more special than any other game. In the end it's about how you connect to characters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:16 am