ADMRL
Founder
Founder

NNID: : Tickletot
GamerTag: : Tickletot
Experience : 2043

DAVID BOWIE PASSES AWAY AT AGE 69

Post by ADMRL on Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:39 am

IGN wrote:Legendary musician and actor David Bowie passed away today at the age of 69 after an 18 month battle with cancer. Bowie released his latest album, Blackstar, on his birthday, January 8, 2016.
The news was confirmed via David Bowie's official website and social media, as well as his son, director Duncan Jones. The official statement reads, "David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief."
http://twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/status/686441083648212992/photo/1

Bowie's most notable films include the adaptation of The Man Who Fell to Earth and Labyrinth, in which he played Jareth the goblin king. He also appearewd in the Twin Peaks film, Fire Walk With Me, and in Christopher Nolan's The Prestige as Nicola Tesla. Musically, you may know Bowie for Ziggy Stardust, Heroes, and Space Oddity.

We pray that their family is okay.

★NNID: TickletTot
 3DS: Ask
  GT:TickleTot
erich199
Junior Lvl 2
Junior Lvl 2

Experience : 1172

Re: DAVID BOWIE PASSES AWAY AT AGE 69

Post by erich199 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:09 am

This was really sad for me. I was a huge Bowie fan. If you had a chance to listen to his last album it was a bitter sweet. He went out like he came into the world, amazing and eccentric.

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:22 am