Nintendokingdom

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home for all Nintendo fans

2 posters

Cute, serious or retro?

mushroomy
    mushroomy
    Junior Lvl 2
    Junior Lvl 2

Experience : 5894

Cute, serious or retro? Empty Cute, serious or retro?

Post by mushroomy Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Which kind of Zelda style do you prefer - the cute cartoony version (like Wind Waker) or the more serious realistic version (like Twilight Princess)? Or maybe the retro/original pixelly version, like Link to the Past? For some reason I could never get on with the realistic version, I think it's maybe because it's too close to the real world - when I play games I like lots of bright colours!
    Lightning
    Lightning
    Regular Lvl 3
    Regular Lvl 3

Experience : 6021

Cute, serious or retro? Empty Re: Cute, serious or retro?

Post by Lightning Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:22 pm

What would you consider Skyward Sword? Realistic or Cartoony since Link's a bit more cell shaded in this version, yet is probably closer to realistic but the game just isn't as dark as Twilight Princess is. Personally I think it meets the middle mark of both tbh.

Personally, though I liked the way Skyward Sword's Link looked; Twilight Princess is my personal favorite.
    mushroomy
    mushroomy
    Junior Lvl 2
    Junior Lvl 2

Experience : 5894

Post by mushroomy Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:59 am

Hmm, good question - I think I'd put it into the realistic category. The reason being that the proportions of the characters are more realistic (i.e. the head isn't huge compared to the body, the eyes aren't enormous within the face) compared to the Wind Waker characters. I think what it boils down to is that my heart belongs to the little teeny tiny sprite from Link to the Past and anything else just feels a bit untrue to that. link
    Lightning
    Lightning
    Regular Lvl 3
    Regular Lvl 3

Experience : 6021

Post by Lightning Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:11 pm

mushroomy wrote:Hmm, good question - I think I'd put it into the realistic category.  The reason being that the proportions of the characters are more realistic (i.e. the head isn't huge compared to the body, the eyes aren't enormous within the face) compared to the Wind Waker characters.  I think what it boils down to is that my heart belongs to the little teeny tiny sprite from Link to the Past and anything else just feels a bit untrue to that. link
    I'm half surprised that your not a fan of it's sequel game for the 3DS then, A Link Between Worlds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:10 am